Tuesday, August 16, 2011

my wish for you

I think often about how fast Becca is growing up, and while I love watching who she is becoming, I can't help but feel a little sad about how much she isn't a baby anymore.
As I was driving home today, I found myself thinking about all of the things I want to be able to do for her, and this is what I came up with:
1) help her develop a strong relationship with Christ
2) love her so much, that no matter what, she never questions my love for her
3) teach her how to be empathetic to others
4) help her see that 'things' don't really matter - love does
5) provide her with a constant feeling of safety and belonging
6) help her develop the desire to serve God and others above herself
I'm sure there are a million other things I want to do for her, but those were the really important things, that above all, I want for her throughout her life.
This parenting thing is no walk in the park, but I am totally committed to being the best Mom I can be. After all, you only get one chance to do it right!

No comments: