Through one amazing little girl by the name of Morgan Kate, I have had the opportunity to learn a little bit about premature babies.
Morgan Kate is the 1 year old daughter of our friends Travis and Heather. Last August, Heather delivered MK at just 25 weeks and 4 days. While the past year has been a lot of hard work for all 3 of them, they have made it through and have an incredible story they so generously share with all of us.
When I thought about what I would write today, I realized that there was no way I could put into words what Travis, Heather, and MK have been through. I myself cannot understand it.
But there are some things I do know:
* MK is an angel, put on this Earth to teach us all about what's really important in life.
* Faith and trust in God can get you through anything.
* God has a purpose in all that He does - even if we can't always see that reason at the time.
* Never underestimate anyone, no matter their size.
* The best things really do come in small packages:)
You are such an amazing little girl and I have enjoyed watching you grow over this past year. You never cease to amaze me. From the first time I saw you lying in your isolette in the NICU, I knew you were special. I just didn't realize at the time how much you were going to teach me about faith, love, and determination. I am so proud of you sweet girl - I can't wait to watch the wonderful young lady I know you will become.
'Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.'
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
If you'd like to read more of MK's story, click here.
MK the day she was born.
A happy, healthy MK today!