Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

I absolutely cannot believe that it is already January of 2010! So much has happened over the past 10 years - and to be honest, it's a little scary when I think about just how fast time has gone by. It's a little bittersweet. I certainly wouldn't change anything in my life - I love where I am at and who I have become, but it scares me to think that another decade has come and gone.
Ok, so enough of my hormones talking, back to the post.

My students keep Writer's Notebooks, which is where (as you probably guessed) they do a lot of their writing. Anyways, I was looking back through mine today and found where I had written my resolutions for 2009. It brought a smile to my face thinking how much my life has changed in just one short year - 12 months - 365 days.

For instance, we finished building our house. We moved into our house. We found out we were pregnant. We found out we are expecting a sweet little girl. We both now call ourselves Christians.

We are certainly in a very different place in our lives - our family has changed, some friendships have changed, and we have several 'new additions' in our circle of friends. We've seen heartache this year and we've cried tears,but we've also seen miracles and happy times. And those, by far, outweigh the bad stuff.

If I had to describe 2009 in one word (because one day someone might really ask me to do that), it would have to be BLESSED!

I hope that as you look back on your 2009, you can see all of the blessings God has given you!

Here's a look back at our 2009:


January




February






March






April






May






June






July






August






September





October





November





December







Now, we have reached 2010! Needless to say we rang in this New Year a little differently than normal:



Hey, at least we made it until midnight:)
So far, 2010 has been a pretty good year.

We found our nursery furniture that my mom (aka GG) is buying for us!



AND, we ordered our bedding that JP's parents (aka Grandmama & Papaw) bought us!




And on the way home from shopping for that nursery furniture I mentioned above, I hit a deer!


Not the best part of 2010 and hopefully not a sign of things to come!

But that's ok, because we have reached 25 weeks of pregnancy. So, only 15 to go!





Much love,

The Pyles

3 comments:

Kathy Hardison said...

I'm so sorry that you hit the deer but glad you and Becca are OK! I hope that 2010 will be another blessed year for you.

Lauren Eleazer said...

We are so BLESSED to be apart of that year with y'all! I can't wait to be apart of the end of this years blog when y'all have your great addition to the family! I can't wait to eat Becca up and love on her like you do with Hayes! 2009 was a great year full of a lot of excitement! This year will be full of a lot of love and fun! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

You both have blessed my life in so many ways.
Jeremy you know I have always loved you beyond words or even reason.
You blessed us by bringing Amanda to our family.
She is so special.
Now I wait till the day i get to see Rebecca Pyle!
Your daughter!!!
you gave me the best part of 2009 on November 13.
I love both of you and are proud of you.
Mom