Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the big oh-one

Did you know?
It happened, and this momma survived!
What you might ask!
Well, this sweet girl turned ONE!

And if you ask, she'll even show you!
I'm not sure where this baby went!

Was she ever really this tiny?

It really all happened too fast!
Everyone said it would, but I didn't understand it until I lived it.
Don't get me wrong - we LOVE the age she's at now.
She is so much fun, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my tiny baby.
The one who would sleep in my arms and let me kiss on her as much as I wanted.
The one who stayed in one place for more than 2 seconds.
The one who let me change her diaper and get her dressed.


Now, I have this sweet girl.
The one who absolutely melts my heart.
She amazes me everyday!
Here is what she has been up to:
* she weighed 23 lbs 8oz at her 12 month well visit
* she was 29.5 inches tall
* she is off formula & breastmilk - only drinking whole milk & water
* she eats all 'big people' food - and I mean ALL
* her favorite foods are bananas, peas, cheese, & yogurt
* she smiles & laughs constantly
* she can out crawl anybody
* she's not walking, but it will be anyday now!
* she LOVES her books
* her favorite toy is her walker - she pushes it all around the house
* she has quite the vocabulary - dada, jack, whats that, bye, nat, tim, ball, book, tass (travis), lala, hayes, hanna, a (for all letters of the alphabet)
* she is wearing 12-18 month clothes
* she is still in a size 4 diaper
* she still has 12 teeth
* she takes 2 naps a day - most days:)
* she goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 and sleeps all night;)
I know there's so much more I need to share, but my mind is a blur.
When I think about how much fun this past year has been, it makes me want to do it all over again.
* Don't worry - she doesn't (and won't) have a sibling on the way for a while!

To my sweet angel,
You are my heart. You are my soul. You are my everything. I cannot thank God enough for giving you to us! From the time I was old enough to talk, I knew I wanted to be a mommy. I didn't understand just how amazing this would be, however. You are the most precious gift. I don't deserve you, but I promise I will spend the rest of my life loving you. It is my prayer that you will grow up to be a Christian woman who is kind, loving, accepting, and understanding of others. You have already brought so much joy and happiness to so many - I know this will only continue. Thank you for letting me love you. Thank you for being mine.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: