Saturday, May 21, 2011

Judgement Day

It was a few weeks ago when I first saw a billboard similar to this one.
I must admit, I hadn't heard this 'rumor' that has obviously been circulating for awhile.


The rumor was that Judgement Day was to be today, May 21st, 2011.
This man, Harold Camping, is the one who 'revealed' this fact to the world.
Harold Camping is a man from California who has, for the second time, predicted the end of the world.


I've thought about what I want to say about this atrocity, but I think I'll just share what the Bible has to say.

As for Mr. Camping, the Bible is very clear that there are false teachers.
Matthew 7:15 - 'Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.'
AND
I John 4:1 - 'Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.'

As for Mr. Camping saying the Bible 'guarantees' that today is Judgement day, well, he obviously hasn't read much of the Bible.
I Thessalonians 5:2 - 'For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.'
* The last time I checked, no one schedules a date for a thief to come!
Mark 13:32-33 - 'But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.'

I could continue, but I think it's very clear just from these 4 verses that there is NO WAY anyone can tell when Jesus will return. I know that there will be a day when Jesus will come back to earth to take the saved home to heaven, but as for the date of when that will happen, we do not know.
Because of this, we must always be ready.
We must live every minute second of every day as if it could be our last here on earth.

I don't know what Mr. Camping will have to say tomorrow, nor do I know what his followers will have to say, but I pray that he will realize the error of his ways and pray for forgiveness. I pray that he will read the Bible and follow the Word of the Lord - not his own ideas.

Let this be a reminder to all of us that there are many wolves in sheep's clothing that are out to corrupt us. Be mindful of this for we are NEVER to follow a person - only our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: