Thursday, July 7, 2011

Do you remember this?

This was Beccas first day at Nat's.
She was so tiny!


This was just 9 short months later.
Where did my baby go?

This was such a great year for Becca.
She absolutely L.O.V.E.S. Nat, and that makes this mommy very happy.
A lot of people have asked how we found Nat, and it's actually a funny story - I like to say this proves God answers prayers.
I had always thought when we had children that they would stay with one of two women who keep children in their homes near my work. Well, we got pregnant, I called them, and they were both full. I didn't have a back up plan. I didn't know where else to look. We really wanted an in-home child care provider who watched teachers' kids so we wouldn't have to pay over the summer - not easy to come by. When our 'plan' didn't work out, we decided we would just pray about it.
*Note: I'm not sure why we waited until then to pray about it seeing as how this was one of the biggest decisions concerning our child, but lesson learned!
Anyways, we were at JP's Christmas party and struck up a conversation with the mom of the owner of the company. She asked us what we were going to do about child care and we told her we didn't know. She asked where we lived, we told her Chapin, and she said that her best friend's daughter lived in Irmo and she kept children in her house. It kind of caught our attention, but she couldn't remember her name, so she told us to call her if we didn't find anything and she would get us her information. To be honest with you, at that point, we didn't think much more about it.
A few weeks later, we went to dinner with some of our friends from church. Again, our child care plans were brought up and I shared with them that we didn't have anybody and that I was starting to get worried. Monica said she had a friend who watched children in her home (only teachers' kids), and that she would call her for us and find out if she had any openings. I was really excited because at this point I was only a few months away from having this baby, and I had absolutely no idea who was going to watch my angel when I went back to work.
The next day, Monica called with great news. Her friend, Natalie, had an opening. I was so excited that I called her that night. I talked with her for about ten minutes and then made plans to meet with her the next day. Nat sounded so wonderful on the phone that, for the first time in months, I was at ease about our child care options.
We went and met with Nat the next day and absolutely fell in love with her. She was wonderful - we knew within the first few minutes that this was where we wanted Becca to go. We stayed and talked with her for a while and found out that her mother was friends with the mother of the owner of JP's company.
It was an answer to our prayers! It was obvious that this was what God had planned for us all along. Two people, who do not know each other had recommended Nat to us:)
Nat is fantastic. I can't say enough good things about her. Becca loves going to her house. In fact, I think Becca misses being there while home with me this summer - but don't worry, she gets to go once a week:)
Becca has learned so much and enjoys playing with all of her friends. She loves everyone, but her and Hanna are definitely BFF's.
These girls are partners in crime. What one does, the other one does (and usually Becca is leading the way!)

I think these sweet girls will be friends for a very long time:)
Thanks Nat! We love you so much and appreciate all you do for our baby girl!

No comments: