Thursday, November 18, 2010

7 months

These monthly posts seem to be happening too fast!
I cannot believe Becca is already 7 months old.
Well, actually she was 7 months old last Saturday, but due to my immense need to snuggle with her at night, I'm just now getting around to posting her new pictures.

She's growing and changing so much.

Look! She's taller than her bear:(


Taking pictures is definitely more challenging - we like to grab everything and put it in our mouth.


After 20 (literally) picture attempts, we decided to move the bear and just take her picture!

I love this smile - she's looking at her daddy!



And here she is eating one of the blocks.
Check out those eyelashes!
Amazing:)




So, what has Becca been up to?

* she is eating 3 meals a day - we (really JP mostly) makes all of her baby food. This saves us a ton of money!
* she still only drinks breast milk - she's taking about 5 oz at each feeding
* she rolls everywhere!
* everything she can touch goes in her mouth
* she still only has 2 teeth
* she is wearing a size 3 diaper
* she is wearing 6-9 months clothes
* she is still the happiest baby in the world
* she smiles ALL of the time
* she can totally sit up, unsupported
* she wishes she could walk - she loves for you to hold her in the standing position
* she is reaching for us now when she wants us to hold her
* she loves Mrs. Nat and all of her friends at 'school'
* she's getting a little more attached to JP and me - sometimes if other people hold her while we're in the room, she cries for us. As much as I love that she loves me that much, we're going to try our best to break her of that now. I don't want her to ALWAYS need one of us (even though she's never leaving home OR getting married!)

Another one of her new tricks:

'Sitting up' in her bouncy seat.
She sits here every morning and watches Sesame Street while we finish getting ready.
I almost went into heart failure when I saw this because all I could imagine was her leaning forward a little more and this seat tipping over, off the coffee table.
But then I calmed down and realized the base is a lot wider than the seat, so she's not going anywhere.


She got her 1st Gamecock sticker to wear for the Florida game - Nat gave them to all the kids last Friday:)
I'm pretty sure that's why they played so well.
How can you not win with this sweet girl cheering you on?

Even though we've had her with us for 7 months, there are still days I can't believe we were given this amazing gift.
I am thankful that God trusts us enough to give us one of his angels.
I never take her for granted, I hug her and kiss her a million times a day, and I love on her as much as I can because I know that soon we'll be dropping her off for her 1st day of school, or watching her walk across the stage at her graduation, or
watching her walk down the aisle on her wedding day.
Well, we can omit that last part since it's already been established that she's never leaving home:)

All jokes aside, I now truly understand the people who told me how fast time passes once you have kids.
I wish I had a pause button some days just so I could have one extra minute of her at that exact moment.
But as much as I want for this, it can never be, so I'll just continue enjoying watching her change and grow.
And I'll be sure to share the pictures so you can join in this fabulous journey with us.

No comments: