Tuesday, January 18, 2011

9 months

I was going to start this post off apologizing for once again being late with Becca's monthly post, but lets face it, they're always late. Why apologize?
Anyways, as of last Thursday, my baby girl was officially 9 months old.
She's growing so fast and changing so much.
She's definitely more observant - I think that's a nice way of saying she's extremely nosey:)
Her curiosity with the world around her is amazing to me.
I wish I could see the world through her eyes.

Taking pictures hasn't gotten any easier - it's almost impossible to get her to stop long enough to look at the camera. And I'm not sure why I thought sitting her in a chair with her toy blocks in front of her was a good way of getting her to look at me and smile.


O well, we figured it out!


Here are some stats on this sweet baby:
* she is only drinking breast milk still - I'm hoping to make it to April
* she weighs 20 lbs 2 oz (75th percentile)
* she is 28 1/2 inches tall (75th percentile)
* she is finally crawling - some
* her preferred method of getting around is still rolling
* she is wearing 9 month clothes, but really needs 12 month in pants
* she wears a size 3 shoe
* she is still in a size 3 diaper
* her favorite song is the ABC song
* she has 3 words: Jack, Dada, & Mama
* she is a Momma's girl - I'm enjoying this because I know it won't last
* she has 5 teeth - her bottom 2 and 3 of her top teeth (Dr. G said that last top tooth should pop through any day!)
* she can go from a laying down position to sitting up
* she can stand up on her own while holding on to some of her toys
* she is now eating meat and loves it - surprise, surprise
* she'll eat anything except avocados and carrots
* she loves drinking water out of her sippy cup
* she sleeps through the night from about 8:00 - 6:30
* she naps 3 times a day:)

I love watching this little girl grow.
I know that before I can blink my eyes, she'll be graduating from high school.
I'm trying to soak up every second that I can - even the occasional 1 AM 'I need to be rocked' times:)



No comments: