Monday, March 28, 2011

the stomach bug strikes again

So, for those of you who don’t know, Becca had the stomach bug for the first time.  It was last Friday night, and other than being a little fussy at Elaine’s birthday dinner, she seemed fine.  Well, that and she didn’t want to eat any cake – alarm bells should have been going off.

Anyways, we were literally 30 seconds from the house when she started coughing.  I turned around to check on her (JP was driving) and she had thrown up EVERYWHERE!  Ahhhhh!

We got her home, and I took the car seat apart while she got a bath.  She seemed to be feeling better, so we thought maybe something just didn’t settle in her tummy, until she threw up again ALL OVER JP.  Obviously this was the stomach bug!

After another bath, throwing up some more, and then another bath, I got into bed with her to try and get some sleep.  She slept ok – only waking to throw up a few times.  I, of course, was up most of the night because she wouldn’t wake up when she got sick, and I was terrified that she was going to choke.

The next morning, other than a fever, she seemed to be feeling fine.  She didn’t really want much to eat, and she slept a lot, but played the rest of the day! 

I was glad it was short lived because there is not much more pitiful than watching your baby throw up!

And everything was fine, until we got home from church last night!  We eat dinner after church with our Sunday School class, and again, Becca was a little fussy and not wanting to eat, but we attributed that to her being overly tired.  She fell asleep in the car on the way home, so we tried to move her inside without waking her up.  As soon as we got to the kitchen, she sat up and again, threw up all over JP. 

Are you noticing a pattern here?

I put her in the bathtub while JP cleaned up the kitchen.  I then tried to lay down with her, but she wanted to play, so I ended up putting her in her bed.  She went right to sleep, so I was hopeful that we might get a good nights sleep. Ha!  Wishful thinking!

She was up around midnight, and while she never threw up again, she was very restless.  I’m assuming her tummy was hurting because it was like she couldn’t get comfortable.  I ended up putting her in the bed with us and she went back to sleep.  She tossed and turned most of the night, and by 3:00 AM she was running a fever.  I ended up holding her a lot of the time – which was fine by me!

I’m staying home with her today, and so far, so good.  I’m pretty sure she’s still running a little fever, but right now she’s playing, so I’m hoping we’re on the mend.

Here are some pictures I’ve taken over the past few weeks just in case you’ve forgotten what she looks like!

Here she is showing off one her new skills – standing and clapping!

IMG_9280

Don’t you wish you were this talented?

IMG_9281

My happy, happy girl!

IMG_9293

3 comments:

mary wood said...

This made me laugh! I know your pain! I've learned (the very hard way) to put towels and a huge bowl next to the kids when they're sick like that and the "best" place for them is in mommy and daddy's bed. I've washed the sheets 3 times in one night... And not to mention how gross it is to have all that puke all over you. Hope she's all better!

Anonymous said...

let me come and lick your bum and p---y clean pumpkin

Anonymous said...

yes left one