Wednesday, June 15, 2011

playdates: not just for kids anymore

If I'm being totally honest, I would have to say that I used to spend my summers doing absolutely nothing. I mean, I would make the occasional trip out to run errands or lay out by the pool, but my days mostly consisted of sleeping as late as a I wanted, staying in my pajamas until late afternoon, and watching lots of Lifetime movies.
Ahhh, the good ole' days!
Now, I spend most of my days chasing a VERY active 1 year old, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Now, I knew this summer would be a lot of fun, but I also knew I had to make plans for us. I mean, sitting at home with me is no fun - especially compared to playing with your friends at Nat's house everyday. So I made the executive decision to organize play dates this summer with all of B's friends from Nat's.
Even though we are only a week and a half into summer, we have been very busy.

We started our summer break with sweet Hanna's first birthday.
She is definitely Becca's BFF:)

Becca and Hanna are definitely partners in crime.
If one does something, the other is not far behind.


I so desperately tried to get a picture of them together, but this was as good as it got.
They are too busy to sit still for a picture.

Last Tuesday we decided to go to a Music & Movement class at the library.
While it was a chance to get out of the house and interact with other Mommies & babies, it was a little too 'calm' for my active girl.
They wanted us to cuddle them and hold them above our heads! Ha!
My girl weighs 25 1/2 pounds - I didn't sign up for a Mommy workout!
Thank goodness Hanna & her Mommy met us there!


Becca mostly ran around the room, but she was very excited when they broke out the bells!She had a lot of fun with this.

I like the idea of music class, but I think next time we'll try the 18 month - 3 year class.

On Friday of last week, Hanna invited Becca over to play in her pool.
These girls had a lot fun cooling off on that hot day - and I enjoyed the adult conversation:)


This week Hanna's mommy had to be in class all week, so we made plans for Claire to come over to play.
These two had so much fun splashing in the pool!


Becca calls her 'Laire'!

This sweet angel is Caroline - Claire's baby sister.
Could you not eat this sweet face?

I got to hold on her and love her yesterday.
It definitely made me miss that tiny stage:)
Not enough to have another one right now, but I did miss it!

And Becca really loves baby Caroline.
She calls her 'Baaay' - pronounced with a really southern accent!

She loves to rock her in her carrier!
She even tried to climb in there with her.
It was so nice to have someone to entertain B - and I really enjoyed getting to talk with Jenn (the mommy of these sweet girls)

This summer has certainly been busy, but we have loved every minute of it! We are looking forward to more play dates with our friends.

They are so much fun, and it helps keep me sane!

2 comments:

Heather and Travis said...

I love play dates! If you guys decide to do the Movement Class II, please let me know. I have been wanting to take MK and it would be so much fun to know someone else there!!!

Lyndsee B said...

I'm super super sad about this post. I know if we were there we would've had a date or two ourselves already, and knowing we can't makes me really sad:,(

I'm so glad you two are having so much fun. luckily, lily has her sweet cousins here, because otherwise, she would've traded me in already, I know!