Tuesday, November 8, 2011

thankful times 2

So, I'm going to cheat a little bit.  For my dedicated blog readers (insert laugh here), I'm sure you ALL noticed that I didn't post my day 7 'thankful' post last night.  I could give you some really good excuse, but it really just boils down to I was tired and didn't have time.  
The way I'm going to remedy that - make tonight's post count as two.
How am I going to do that you may ask?
Well, it's easy.  Tonight I'm thankful for both of my sweet dogs.
Jack and Grace are our black labs.  Jack will 13 this weekend, and Grace will be 6 this weekend.  Yes, they were both born within a day of each other - November 13th and November 14th, but I can't remember who was born which day.  I could walk upstairs and check, but that would require way too much energy, so we'll chalk it up to the fact that I'm a slack mommy and we'll leave it at that:)
This picture was taken a few years ago, but we'll pretend that we all still look the same:)
These two dogs are so sweet.  They are a very important part of our family, and in fact are treated more like humans than dogs.  Their official purpose is to hunt (mainly ducks and dove), but none the less, they hold a very special place in our hearts!
So tonight (and last night) I am very thankful for these sweet pups.  They have brought us a lot of joy, and I hope to have many, many more years with our fur babies!

No comments: