Sunday, November 13, 2011

there's no place like church

I'm again putting two 'I'm thankful for..' posts into one:)
And since I'm the author of this blog, I can do that!
Right?
(picture courtesy of Spencer Strickland's Facebook page)
This picture represents both of the things I'm thankful for tonight (and last night.)
The first thing I'm thankful for is our church.
I can't begin to describe how much this church/church family has done/is doing for us.  I look forward to Sundays and Wednesdays because I get to worship at this place with some of the most important people in my life.
The second thing I'm thankful for is our new minister and his sweet wife and baby girl.  Our last minister was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  There's no other way to describe it.  I was devastated when he moved, but totally understood his reasons.  With that being said, I was a little 'down and out' about finding another minister.  I wasn't sure how anyone would replace Mickey.  
Well, once again, God had a plan.  Last Sunday, we welcomed our new minister, Spencer.  He has been an answer to many, many prayers.  I also happen to LOVE his wife and sweet baby girl.  I know that they will do wonderful things at our church!  

No comments: