Friday, June 4, 2010

Confessions of a New Mom #1

Everyone told me throughout my pregnancy that once we had the baby, time would fly by. That we would blink our eyes and she would be starting kindergarten, getting her drivers license, graduating from high school, etc. Nothing could have been a more true statement. I cannot believe that my baby is already 7 weeks old.

The other night I decided to go through Becca's closet and pack away anything she had already outgrown - mostly her newborn stuff. As I was doing this, I got teary eyed - I was very emotional. I found myself thinking that my baby was already growing up. How could this be happening? I felt like it was just yesterday that I was staring at a positive pregnancy test. I had to stop in order to keep myself together.

Now I realize how ridiculous this sounds - my head was telling me to get over it, but my heart wouldn't stop aching. I am very excited to watch Becca grow and see what the future brings, but I think a part of me will always miss my baby:)

*************************************

On a lighter note, here are some recent pictures of my sweet girl!


taking a nap



can this really be comfortable?




my sweet onesie from Lala




wearing my sweet dress from GG to church



my happy, happy girl




laying with jack




tummy time will wear you out





I look like my daddy when I smile.





getting ready to go to a jewelry party at grandmommas






Mommy loves you more and more each day baby girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come sit on my lap baby girl I will make you giggle and kick like crazy, my hand inside your diaper stroking your sweet, bald, soft baby p---y, 4 daughters, 6 grandaus, 6 nieces, lots of cousins, my ex babysat loads so I have had tons of baby, it is the best p---y you can find